The International Islamic Youth League specifically focusing on result based performance and participatory approach towards achieving it aims and objective within realistic timeframe. Our organization capacity includes effective and efficient staff, strict financial control and management systems, responsive information, communication and technology assets and logistically oriented to emerging humanitarian contingency planning and emergency response. Achievements are guided by core organizational principles and values for the best interests of beneficiaries and accountability to our donors and relevant stakeholders.
Some of the achievements in emergency response, protection, care and maintenance, repatriation and reintegration of people with concerns in the Sierra Leonean, Mali, Burkina Fas, Niger and Mauritania operations include:
• Enhanced Protection for Returning Sierra Leone Refugees from West Africa Region through Registration, Documentation, Organisation of Convoy Movements and follow up on severe protection cases with Government counterpart, UNHCR and other nongovernmental partners;
• Provided Care and Maintenance for over Twenty Thousand (20,000) Returnees in host community settlements and Camps through the provision health and sanitation , education, food and non-food items commodity management and distribution;
• Provided Care and Maintenance for over Thirty Nine Thousand (39,000) displaced persons in MOPTI displaced Camps in Mali and refugee camps in neighboring countries Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Central African Republic and Mauritania through the provision health and sanitation, education, food and non-food items commodity management and distribution.
• Provided livelihood to Liberian Refugees in Sierra Leonean Camps through life skills training and start up kits;
• Facilitated repatriation of Sierra Leonean Returnees and Liberian Refugees in their places of origin;
• Facilitated reintegration of internally displaced persons and returnees through community driven and empowerment projects;
• Coordinated inter agency meetings in collaboration with government counterpart, UN Agencies, INGOs and Civil Society Organisations and Beneficiaries.
• Facilitated documentations and tracing of separated children and promote family reunification;
• Facilitated child sponsorship and basic education in camps and host communities;
• Engaged communities to raise awareness on gender based violence and trafficking of young girls
• Provided capacity building to beneficiaries and stakeholders through targeted training and reorientation of their mind to become self-reliance